Monday, January 07, 2013

Way to go El Paso!!

El Paso's Museum of Art
The largest city in our region has been getting TERRIFIC (and well-deserved) press lately. 

Take a look at the New York Times, 36 Hours in El Paso article! (Printed just last week)

And this one, distributed this week in Albuquerque and Santa Fe!  This one focuses on the nightlife and the advantages to exploring the downtown area...great places to dine, listen to music,
Tiffany Dome in the Hotel El Camino Real in
downtown El Paso
The New York Times article mentions the wonderful resources of Franklin Mountains State Park, home to our own Peak Fitness Challenge, where hikers can log their miles online and become eligible for prizes!  So far, over 1,000 hiking miles have been recorded online!


Inside the restored, historic
Plaza Theatre in downtown El Paso

We agree that El Paso is a city of surprising charm...the trick is to get off I-10 and explore! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

El Paso is of my favorite Texas cities - glad it's geting so much deserved coverage! And thanks for all your work on this great blog!

rugged breed said...

El paso is a very lovely city, I went here three years ago with my family and we have a wonderful time spending are vacation, thanks for reminding me my memories, I also went to those places in your picture, anyway nice shots good job!

Zero Dramas