Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big Bend Ranch Paintings in London: Fernando Suarez

Sixteen year old, Fernando Suarez, is one of the Presidio High School art students exhibiting works inspired by Big Bend Ranch State Park at London's Saatchi Art Gallery this summer.

Fernando explains his work, "Becerros."

"My inspiration in my artwork was that I like the photo that I worked from. The photo is of two longhorn baby calves (becerros) that are out at the Big Bend Ranch. I chose this subject because it reminded me of my family and where I come from."

Fernando has been studying art for four years and enjoys pastels and oil paint.

Presidio art teacher, Laurie Holman, is responsible for the student work exhibited at the Saatchi gallery. "I tell them to paint what they know, to see their surroundings in a new and different way. So, this is what they did and with great success. "

For more information on Big Bend Ranch State Park, click here and here.

No comments: