Thursday, June 11, 2009

Big Bend Ranch Paintings in London: Daisy Perez

Daisy Perez, a 16 year old 10th grader, is another of the Presidio High School students exhibiting work at London's Saatchi Art Gallery. Her work features Fort Leaton State Historic Site, near Presidio, and a gateway stop to Big Bend Ranch State Park.

She talks about her work, "El Fortin at Sunset." "I was in a bad mood that day and I wanted to draw (what I thought) something simple. When I finished with the Fort part of the drawing, I felt a little better, but my mind was still cloudy…so I drew the cloudy sky!" Daisy has been working for about a year on her artwork, and enjoys chalk pastels, oil paints, colored pencils.

For more information about Fort Leaton, click here and here.

For more information about Big Bend Ranch State Park, click here and here.

To see the gallery of work by Presidio students at the Saatchi Art Gallery website, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daisy is one of the most interesting, talented and dynamic people that you will ever meet! Her talent makes Presidio shine! Great job Daisy!
Laurie Holman